Wednesday 13 September 2017

B/X Essentials: Core Rules -- Print Editions Available Now!

The first book in the B/X Essentials line is now available to buy as a print / PDF combo at RPGNow (and pals)!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/220726/B-X-Essentials-Core-Rules

There are two editions:

  1. Premium edition. Staple bound (lays flat on the table!), 6" x 9", premium colour.
  2. Standard edition. Perfect bound, 6" x 9", standard colour.
The premium edition is (obviously) the fancier of the two. The binding means it's able to lay flat on the table, which is great for use during play. The premium printing also means that the text and illustrations are just that bit crisper. That said, the perfect bound edition looks great too and is a bit cheaper.

Here they are side by side (difficult to tell the difference at this stage):
(My floor and a couple of dice for scale.)
And here are a few interior shots of the premium / staple bound edition.

All the XP rules on the left-hand page.

All the encounter rules on the right-hand page here.

Rules for chases in dungeons, wilderness, and at sea, all on one spread.

All the basic combat rules on one spread.

People who have already bought the PDF edition: I've sent out a coupon so you can get a print copy minus the price of the PDF.

7 comments:

  1. Are there any plans to make it available on Amazon like Basic Fantasy and WhiteBox ? Standard shipping to France is 6 bucks for one softcover at RPGNow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm it's not something I've considered. I guess probably not. I'm thinking about trying to set it up on Lulu as well, if that's any good.

      I think the shipping at RPGNow gets cheaper as you add more items.

      Delete
    2. Lulu would be great for people outside of US I guess.

      Delete
    3. From what I've seen, I think it tends to work out about the same. Lulu do free shipping deals from time to time, but their basic printing costs seem to be higher. I'll have a look at setting it up, anyway.

      (I'm outside the US btw :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Gavin, no sign of the coupon yet, should I be concerned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I sent the coupons out on the day the print editions went live. However, some people have set their RPGNow/DriveThruRPG account to not accept email from publishers -- in that case, the coupon won't have got through to you. So I'd say check everywhere in your email and, if you can't find it, send me a mail and we'll sort something out.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.