Saturday 14 May 2011

Old-school t-shirts, the return!

I posted some time ago about my mission of creating a bunch of old-school RPG inspired T-shirts. I've been gleefully wearing my AD&D Players Handbook T-shirt since then, but the concept kind of sputtered out after the printing place told me that the dungeon map I'd prepared for my next effort was no way printable on a T-shirt. Too many complex little twisty bits, apparently. So I could have gone back to the drawing board and re-worked something much simpler, but I was kind of disheartened and gave up.

However, my girlfriend recently gave me this -- she'd secretly taken a dungeon map I was working on and turned it into a T-shirt! Amazing! I have been wearing it with geek pride :)

The interesting point came up that most "normal people" (i.e. non-gamers) probably have no idea what the image on the shirt is, and indeed have no concept of what a dungeon is, poor fools!

ps. To players in my Labyrinth Lord game: maybe don't study this image too closely, as your characters will probably find themselves in this dungeon at some point, and we wouldn't want to spoil all the surprises would we! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your girlfriend sounds like a keeper! You're awfully lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, love the idea of an "endless stair"!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am lucky to have a girlfriend who not only tolerates but encourages my D&D obsession! :)

    @Paladin: The vague background to the map is that it's supposed to be a (potentially mega-)dungeon that exists underneath a tavern in a weird fey dimension. In one of the courtyards there's this spiral stairway heading downwards, with landings once in a while leading off into dungeon levels. The stairway is rumoured to continue downwards for ever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to Gavin: put spoiler warnings at the top of the post! But cool T-shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, yeah :)

    Hopefully by the time we get to that adventure the image won't be ingrained in your memory any more!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.