Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Elementalist - a new class for Labyrinth Lord

Tis done! I've just gathered together all the new spells I've posted here over the last X amount of time (not sure how long it's been) pertaining to all things elemental, and formatted them into a PDF for easy and pleasurable use at the gaming table. Contained within is the elementalist class, with a full spell list of 1st to 9th level spells, and an array of new elemental creatures to be summoned.

You can download the PDF here.

None of my players have rolled up a character using the new class as yet (though anyone who gets a good Int score will be bound to receive some hints from me now ;), meaning that all the new spells and monsters are gloriously un-playtested. I'd be delighted to get feedback from anyone who uses the class or any portion of the spells or monsters in the PDF in their own games!

9 comments:

  1. This is really awesome. I've been messing around with the idea of doing this for quite a while, but your execution of the concept is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is the best take on an elementalist class that I have ever seen. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm digging this and will offer it as a class option for the new campaign. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Greg, that's great! Hope one of your players tries it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! and nice job keeping a consistent look with the original LL books. I value that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Aplus! Yes I really like to keep things in the same style as the source game, where possible, and as luck would have it I just last week found out the names of the Labyrinth Lord fonts. (Souvenir for the body text, and JCL Blackletter for the headings.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gavin, I'll see if one of my players wants to give it a try at some point! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jim, that's great! Looking forward to hearing how a PC of this class fares if one wanders into your campaign... :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.